Custody Lawyer Grand Rapids

My Ex Won’t Pay Alimony or Child Support

How Do I Get the Money I Need?

If you’re in a situation where your ex-spouse is not paying alimony or child support, you’re not alone. This can be a very difficult and frustrating situation to be in. You may feel like you are powerless to do anything about it. However, there are steps that you can take to get the money that you need. Custody Lawyer Grand Rapids will discuss what your options are and how you can get the money that you deserve!

The first thing that you need to do is try to work out a payment plan with your ex-spouse. If you can come to an agreement, then you may be able to avoid going to court. However, if you are unable to reach an agreement, then you will need to file a motion with the court.

Custody Lawyer Grand Rapids

In the motion, you will need to request that the court order your ex-spouse to pay alimony or child support. The court will then set a hearing date. At the hearing, both sides will present their arguments and evidence. The judge will then make a decision regarding the payments.

If the judge orders your ex-spouse to make payments, they will be required to do so. If they fail to make the payments, they may be held in contempt of court. This could result in fines or even jail time.

If you find yourself in this situation, it is important to seek legal help. An experienced attorney can help you navigate the process and ensure that you get the money that you need!

Scroll to top